Develop Warriors to be Teachers, Leaders, and Ambassadors of the USS George H.W. Bush (CVN 77) Carrier Strike Group and the United States of America, embodying the legacy of service, grit, humility, and resilience of our namesake.
1. Develop a combat ready, lethal force to conduct the full range of naval combat operations required to support national security objectives, decisively deter aggression, and defeat adversaries with overwhelming force.
2. Fully integrate with Fleet Commanders, allies, partners, and joint forces.
3. Promote peace, security, and stability by developing relationships and partnerships as exceptional Ambassadors of the United States.
Deliberately develop habits of excellence instead of haphazard wins and ad hoc solutions by focusing on the three concepts:
1. Prevent “Roller Coaster Effect.” Create a learning organization with a growth mindset. The 90 Day Assessment for Leaders helps us develop a culture where being real is acceptable. We must be transparent with each other, know our limitations, challenge our beliefs, and embrace the red. We must be our own toughest critics.
2. Fight Drift! Drift is the normalization of deviation over time due to lack of focus and building excellence as a habit. Eventually, drift leads to a catastrophic event - injuring or killing a Sailor, endangering or damaging the ship, failing an inspection, or destructive behavior. We fight drift by holding each other accountable to high standards of excellence both on and off duty.
3. Break the “Renter’s Mentality.” Create a mentality of ownership that leaves a legacy and makes you proud. Think critically m solve. Identify and fix root causes vice symptoms! Correct small problems before they become large issues. WE can do, what “I” can’t.