Ombudsmen are volunteers appointed by the Commanding Officer to serve as an information link between the command leadership and families. They are trained to disseminate information, such as, official Department of the Navy and Command information, command climate issues, local quality of life improvement opportunities, and "good deals" around the community. They also provide resource referrals when needed and are instrumental in resolving family issues before they require extensive command attention.
What can the Ombudsman do for YOU?
* Serve as a liason between families and the command.
* Keep CO informed on welfare, health, and morale of command families
* Maintain an up-to-date email, website(Facebook), to rapidly distribute and gather information
* Aware of services provided by and has contact information for the Fleet and Family Support Centers and other organizations for Navy families
* Serves as a source of emergency and crisis information
* Maintains Confidentiality
To get in contact with the command ombudsman email email@example.com.